6th Avenue Sidewalk 500 Block – New Denver BC
In the spring of 2023 Kays Contracting was awarded and completed the 6th Avenue Sidewalk 500 Block project for the Village of New Denver in conjunction with True Consulting. The upgrades provided additional road width along 6th avenue, a dedicated commercial loading zone, upgraded storm water system and vehicle access, as well as new sidewalks/crosswalks for pedestrians.
Our scope consisted of:
- Demolition of the existing frontage and business access.
- Installing a new fire hydrant, water services and a drywell for existing residents and business.
- Construct new curbing, sidewalk and asphalt for the loading zone, business and resident access along 6th avenue.
- Construct new wheelchair ramps at the HWY6 and 6th Avenue Intersection.
- Install all new signage and road markings.